Wednesday, December 5, 2012

BlogCrush | Paisley Boulevard

 

paisleyblvd

Inspiration from other blogs and bloggers is such a huge part of why I started SewCal Mama in the first place. BlogCrush is just a little way to share my love of other blogs with my readers.

My first BlogCrush is Paisley Boulevard.

There are some blogs that I literally can’t stop reading…This is one of those. Colleen is a crafty and witty mommy blogger, which is why I knew she had to be my first BlogCrush! This chick is seriously amazing, she is a DIYer, designer and vintage shop owner. Triple threat, right!??!?

Check out the interview as well as some of her posts and DIY projects below.

 

The Interview:

What advice would you give to aspiring bloggers that are just starting up?

Just write. Find your voice, don't be afraid to experiment and see what you enjoy blogging about most! I have dabbled in lots of different things, and I don't know that I will ever be someone who has a "niche", but I'm ok with that. My niche is not having a niche. ;) Be patient. No matter the pace, if you keep at it, you will grow.

When writing a post, Where do you feel most inspired to write at? And do you have a writing routine?

I have no routine at all! I sit and write whenever I have a free moment. At night while everyone is winding down, sometimes while the kids are at school. I never have a post in mind if I'm just writing, I just start clacking away and see what comes out. It's never usually where I started going, but that's my process. If I'm feeling stuck, I look through photos, surf tumblr. Tumblr is fantastic. So much inspiration, there are a lot of creative people sharing there.

Which do you prefer, coffee, cappuccino, or tea? Any why?

I love them all! I can't start the day without coffee, but I love tea in the afternoon and at night. Herbal, flavored...I don't discriminate.

How would you describe your writing style?

I don't know! Casual, the way I speak. I think I am mostly a very conversational writer, except for the occasional poetic ramble. I don't know where that comes from, but occasionally that side of me makes an appearance. And then I fall in love with those posts. It feels amazing to create something beautiful with words. Happy sigh inducing.

Describe yourself in a few words.

eclectic, shy, thoughtful

Favorite Quote:

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted" -John Lennon

 

Posts I love:

What You Know, What You Don’t

Coffee

Yes Man

 

Yummy Recipes:

DIY Coconut Coffee Scrub

coconutcoffeescrub

DIY Hot Apple Pie Body Scrub

DIY Hot Apple Pie Body Scrub

Almost Pumpkin Hot Chocolate Recipe

hotcocoa

 

I hope you enjoyed the first BlogCrush! I had so much fun getting to know one of my favorite bloggers a little better. Check back in soon for another BlogCrush!

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment