Friday, April 27, 2012

California Audubon: Kern River Preserve

 

This is one of my favorite places in the entire world(maybe even the place my wedding will be held!!!), it’s very close to my house and even closer to the elementary and middle school I attended, which does make me a bit nostalgic, I have to say. I started dragging bringing my fiancé here a few months ago and for some reason whenever he tags along, we usually see amazing things! Pssshhh. Winking smile

DSCF3173Today, we encountered a pair of love birds just like us Smile they were mallard ducks, I believe. They were so pretty, they sat on the bank of the river for a moment then after observing the area and ruffling their feathers the got into the water.. then before I knew it they both disappeared down stream..

 

DSCF3166

We decided we didn’t want to go home just yet for one, our son was still wide awake in the backseat and for two, it was to gorgeous of a day to stay cooped up inside.. so we drove past our old school (yes we went to the same school(s)Smile) then we made our last stop at a bridge about 3 miles from the preserve, guess who met us there? THE LOVE BIRDS! I was shocked! I didn’t have enough time to get my camera out simply because I was in pure shock! I do not believe in coincidences so I have yet to figure out what happened on the Kern River today.. but it was sweet, to say the least!

DSCF3171

It was a great way to spend a Friday afternoon; with my two favorite boys.Red heart

No comments:

Post a Comment