Tuesday, August 28, 2012

DIY Shabby Chic Journal

I’ve always kept a journal. I love looking back at my old journals and remembering certain times or feelings, This semester I have two classes that I need journals for so I went to Rite Aid yesterday to buy a couple notebooks and decided to buy the cheapest, ugliest ones they had.. 50 cent composition books, why not? I mean they do the job right? It wasn’t until I got home that I got the creative idea to dress em’ up a bit! I ended up having one left over so I personalized it for Monique, too :)

cove

Probably one of my quickest, easiest and cutest DIY projects so far!

supplies1

Supplies: contact paper (shabby, floral design) composition book, scissors, craft tag sticker, dimensional fabric paint(for puffy letters)

Steps: 1.)Measure + Cut contact paper to fit cover of composition book. 2.) Carefully place contact paper on both front and back of your journal 3.) Now, put your sticker on front center of journal. 4.) Personalize or not, it’s up to you! 5.) Start writing all of your brilliant thoughts down!

fabric paint

I bought this amazing stuff at Wal-Mart a while back for our March of Dimes fundraiser. It was under $5 and I use it all the time!

before

 

Do you write in a journal or diary?

1 comment: