Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Live Laugh Craft | Volume 4: DIY Fabric Scrap Coaster Set

Hello my growing bunch of lovely ladies! I have been so swamped with school, life and my one year old that I had to postpone my LLC project a day! I hope you enjoy these super simple DIY Scrap Fabric Coasters. It took me about an hour to make the set.. so I will definitely be making more soon!
Without further ado, here are my DIY Fabric Scrap Coaters.
cover
supplies
Supplies: 2 contrasting fabrics, interfacing, square and circle templates, disappearing ink pen, scissors, pins.
Pantry Supplies: Sewing machine, iron w/ steam setting.
cut out and
Using your templates, trace and cut out 10 squares and circles of each fabric. You will end up with 10 solid circles, 10 solid squares, 10 patterned circles, 10 patterned squares and 4 square interfacing cut outs.
Attach your interfacing on the bottom of each square stack by steam ironing them on. Pin them in place.
PIN THEM
Mix and match your fabrics so the opposite circle is on the pattern. It will end up being 5 patterned squares under 5 solid circles. You will make two of those and two of the opposite fabric combination. Pin them all together and sew them together. You will need to sew along every loose end. You can use a special stitch if you’d like. I used an arrow stitch for mine.
SEW
The best thing about these is that you don’t use much fabric and the fabric combinations and shapes you can use for this project are endless!
WHOLE SET
I hope you enjoyed this week’s LLC! Don’t forget to check out my lovely blogging partner, Monique’s awesome photo coaster set!
I have a couple other DIY Coaster Set’s coming up on SewCal Mama over the next 6 weeks. Come back and check them out! :D

1 comment:

  1. That's a pretty cool coaster set, and that would be a great way to use up some of my stash of fabric scraps! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete