I have a scrumptious recipe to share with you today.. Apple Peanut Butter Cookies.
Can you say YUM?
I made these over the weekend and they were gone in no time, let’s be honest, nothing sweet lasts long around this house.. Daniel and I both have a major sweet tooth and so do the little ones, well an aspiring sweet tooth anyway ;)
Using apples in the recipe is more nutritious and it really brings out the other flavors like the cinnamon and brown sugar. I could go on and on about sweets but let’s get to this mouth watering cookie recipe.
Apple Peanut Butter Cookies
- Prep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- Yield: 15 Servings
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup grated peeled apple
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in apple.
- Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts 1 serving (2 each) equals 216 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 170 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
What cookies are in your oven this Fall?