Wednesday, November 21, 2012

DIY | Whimsy Chandelier

cover

I have been totally slacking on my DIY projects for the blog. Don’t worry, I haven’t lost my craftiness, but I do have a sick little man. Anyway, I got a few hours last night to catch up on my projects and posts so here is a quick and adorable DIY Home Décor project. I would suggest using white lights instead of the green ones I used.

supplies

Supplies: Embroidery Hoop, String of lights, fabric scraps, lace, ribbons, trim, hot glue gun (not shown) and jute or twine to hang.(also not shown)

1.) Cover the hoop with 1 inch wide pieces of fabric or ribbon. I used 3 10 inch long white fabric scraps. Glue in place. I ended up using the more ripped up fabrics and lace because it looked better.

2.) Randomly tie and knot the fabric, ribbon and trims around the hoop. Make sure not to leave big gaps. Also, making the pieces different lengths brings the whimsical feel of the chandelier all together. Adjust as needed.

3.) Using your jute or twine, cut three equal pieces about 12 inches long. Secure each piece to the hoop then tie them together at the top top. You chandelier is ready.. now you will need to add the lights!

4.) Secure one end of light cord to the top of the jute knot. Hang the lights through the top of the chandelier. When your light string reaches about 5 inches below the hoop, scrunch up a section of the lights (like a ball) and secure it with a ribbon or sting. Let the excess light sting hang. Plug in your lights and enjoy your new whimsy chandelier!

 

There ya go- A pretty little DIY chandelier. It took me about 30 minutes to complete this entire project and I have to say, it was one of my top 5 favorite ones so far.

 

XO

No comments:

Post a Comment