Tuesday, November 20, 2012

DIY | Holiday Wall Art

cover

The Holidays are officially here (2 days until Thanksgiving! Whoop whoop) and I couldn’t be happier; I adore this time of year. I told you yesterday that we’ve already had our first snowfall and it was absolutely gorgeous.

I really wanted to get started early on my Christmas DIY projects this year and this was my very first one... It was a lot of fun to make and you can let you creativity flow when choosing templates.

This project is great for children and equally fun for the other crafty night owl mamas out there.

supplies

[ I googled deer head templates and found the one shown above. ]

1. Print, cut and trace the template you chose onto your canvas.

2.Apply glue to the design chosen. [You can use Q-Tips for the antlers and outer lines if needed.]

3. Sprinkle glitter onto the wet glue and let sit for at least 15 minutes before discarding any leftover glitter.

4. Blow away any residual glitter, frame & ENJOY.

 

XO_thumb1

P.S. Have you started decorating for the holidays yet?

1 comment:

  1. What a nice, simple idea! I like it. I'm not the hugest fan of glitter, but this is something I am definitely okay with! Subtle enough, and it makes a decoration that you can leave up for the entirety of winter...not just for Christmas. That's definitely a plus. :) Have a good Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete