Monday, January 7, 2013

Upcycled School Desk {Girl Style}

My honey got his hands on a buttload of old school desks (mostly vintage) a few months back and ever since I’ve been thinking up ways to redo them.

beforeandafter suppliesandtute

Supplies: School Desk, Chalkboard Paint, Watermelon Colored Spray Paint, Masking Tape, Paint Brush.

Cost: Under $20

This particular desk was designed for my 7 year old niece; it’s totally her style and it gives her a cute little workspace for when she comes to visit her auntie. Pink is her favorite color and she is a true artist so I knew both the watermelon spray paint and the chalkboard paint would be perfect.

This upcycle took me an entire day to complete only because of the long waits between paint coats. The next desk upcycle will be made for my little boy. It will be a little different but equally awesome, I promise.

XO

Copyright © 2011-2013, SewCal Mama all rights reserved. Reproduction any content without prior written consent from SewCal Mama is prohibited.

No comments:

Post a Comment