Thursday, February 7, 2013

DIY | Valentine’s Day Décor

cover

Hello, Strangers! It’s been a couple weeks since my last post… So much has been happening! I’ve been booking photo shoots left and right, mostly for friends and family. I planning on launching a new blog solely for my photography endeavors… Now I just need TIME!

With everything going on in my life since the new year, I haven’t had much of a chance to get my craft on... So, a couple days ago when the little man was asleep, I did just that! This cute and PINK garland took me about 30 minutes to make(only because of the dry time between paint and mod podge coats.)

supplies

Supplies: 4 Wooden Pendants, Letter Cut-Outs, Bakers Twine (DIY) Mod Podge, Acrylic Paint (red and white to create your own shades of pink) Paint Brush

steps

Mix your paints first and make sure there is enough or it is quite hard to mix the exact shade again. I used an ombre  effect on mine, going from the darker pink to a very light pink.

After painting your pendants, let them dry for a bit, I waited about 5 minutes. Attach the letters. mine were stickers but I still wanted to mod podge them to make sure they were properly attached. I used 2 coats of both the paint and the mod podge.

After the pendants are dry, tie them together with your bakers twine.. I used pink and red twine that I made a few weeks ago.

Pretty festive, if you ask me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment